Am I on track?

This seems to be a common question between those I've had conversations with in Module 2 recently. Of course we all know the deadline to submit our work is the 17th December, however I personally have struggled with knowing if I'm on track or not in this module, and know a lot of others feel the same way. 

I thought I would share where I'm up to, which may or may not help others:
  • Currently working on my second draft of the Inquiry proposal after receiving feedback from my first draft sent last week. It took me a long time to write this and get stuck in and I feel a lot better now the word count is done and I just need to work and improve on it more.
  • I've been collecting more literature I've stumbled across, as my topic has slightly changed since my initial literature review. I need make adjustments to my essay I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to do this after working on my second draft of the inquiry proposal, probably on Monday!
  • I've written about 3/4 of the critical reflection essay however will get stuck into that next week when I've worked on the other two essays.
  • MORE form- I shared my form about 2 weeks ago and got comments to correct, which I have done and currently waiting for it to be approved! I did this by sharing with my adviser and also requesting a signature.
  • I haven't written the award rationale form yet but that shouldn't be hard or take too long as it's simply explaining what my past and present professional practice is and also my trinity diploma (although I'm not sure if this means I must explain what my diploma essay was based on, but I presume so)
  • I've adapted the data collection/participant consent form to fit my proposed inquiry and will double check this the week before submission
  • The signed employer consent form may be a bit of a problem for me, as my ballet director was fired yesterday. However I think I will ask the ballet mistress who will be standing in as director for the next month until the new director starts in January!
I think my advise to myself and others is: don't try and do too many things at once! I'm setting a plan out for which days I'll do what, as with stress my mind can't focus on multiple essays and ideas at once. I think it'll also be good to share with each other and help when we need to... lets make use of our blogs! I've been really bad at blogging recently as I didn't want to take time away from writing the inquiry proposal, however it's good to reflect and share.

Wishing you all the best of luck and hope you're doing okay!

Comments

  1. Hi Rachel, Totally agree with trying not to do too many things at once, i think that's where i went wrong i ended up overwhelmed! I've broken everything down, I'm waiting for feedback but hoping to complete my second draft for my inquiry proposal & literature review by the end of this week!,

    thanks for sharing has helped x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I also agree, I'm trying to do much at once and am probably over thinking everything. I have struggled to get any form of contact from the university, so like you, I am struggling to work out if I have included everything in my final module two work. I am sure that providing we follow the handbook we will do just fine. Keep going ladies, the end is nigh and we then only have one more module to complete.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts